Karela or Bitter Gourd is a green vegetable with a rugged surface. It has a close resemblance to cucumber but the cooking, eating, and nutritional elements are different. This fresh vegetable has roots in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean island. Some of us may know it as bitter squash, bitter apple or bitter melon. Whatever the name you choose to go with, the bitterness remains intact! In fact, it is the bitterest vegetable in the world. The chef’s ability is tested to eliminate the bitterness during the course of the meal preparation.
Talking about gourd reminds us of the popular bottle gourd (Loki) and ridged gourd (Turai or Tori). Both these green vegetables are a healthy addition to our daily diet. Using more veggies helps maintain a normal level of uric acid in the body. Meat and lentils (except Masoor Dal) can cause a problem to those suffering from uric acid disorders.
The presence of a fully operational online grocery store in Lahore is no less than a blessing at this time and age. We know how difficult it may get to visit the supermarkets looking at the traffic scene and the busy life in general. Fruits and vegetables online market often concurs with the physical market and same is the case here except for the fact we are bringing your orders to your doorstep. That means we spend more time and energy to convert each virtual transaction into a real-life sensation.
AyeshaAug 16, 2018
I have ordered bitter groud.It was fresh and good.
Nutritional Value & Facts
The vegetable is low in sodium and the cholesterol content is lower than most vegetables. Those who are advised a cholesterol-free diet should use bitter gourd with discipline. Moreover, there is thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, iron, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and manganese. All these minerals and vitamins guarantee a superior health making it hard to skip.
• The bitter taste may turn us away, nevertheless, it can absolutely put us on the mend through the quality of disease prevention and health facilitating phytochemical compounds.
• Balsam pear is its botanical name offering very few calories. There are only 17 calories per 100 grams.
• It is good news for people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
• Vitamin C is not only found in oranges or other citrus fruits but there is a high percentage of vitamin C in bitter melon as well. It helps to eliminate and clean the body from those deadly free radicals. It means we may as well bid farewell to cancer-causing germs.
• You may eat more than the usual quantity of a meal with bitter gourd (Karela) in it because it is a natural enemy to indigestion and constipation issues.
Whether it is an online grocery store in Lahore, Islamabad or Karachi, the main idea is to sell those items that contribute to the overall health of the individuals. We are doing just that and try to maintain a steady flow of health-driven products from the inventory section to your front door.